Thursday, November 11, 2010

How all birth parents should feel

While passing out programs with Caden for the FSA fireside on Sunday (Russ was sitting on the stand to introduce the speakers), I witnessed something remarkable: how I wish every birth parent should feel. One sweet birth mom, that just placed 3.5 weeks ago, walked in right after seeing a picture of her with the adoptive couple. Her eyes filled with tears as she gave her caseworker a hug. She looked at him and said "I'm famous". I really wish every birth mother could feel just how special, loved, honored and angelic they are to the couple they choose to place their baby with. There really aren't words that can express the respect, love and honor that the adoptive couple has for them.

I also saw many of my friends at the fireside with the birth mom that placed with them. Often the birth mom would take the baby to change his/her diaper, to feed him/her, to just hold him/her and give them love. It was perfect! We are looking forward to an open adoption and hope to form a lasting relationship with the birth mom that places with us and making her and her family a part of our family. This post on the r house warms my heart. We look forward to visits with the birth mom after placement.

We found this song on the R house blog and LOVED it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment