Saturday, March 26, 2011

Our Trip to Utah

We had a great time in Utah. There is always so much to do there in such a short amount of time! We squeezed in as much as we could! We got there Friday night and left Monday at 5 PM. Here is what we did each day:

Saturday
Russ was able to help his company do some recruiting and interviews. He went in the morning to Aspen Grove to do some activities with the students. Then, they had all the spouses (including me) come up for a delicious lunch. It was fun to talk to all the students and remember what it was like when we were trying to decide where to work/live/etc. We were able to see a little snow up there too! My parents (that just moved to UT) were able to have quality time with Caden while Russ and I were at Aspen Grove. He was SO excited for it!That night, we were able to watch the BYU basketball game with my parents. It was such a great game! Go Cougs! The BYU flag was proudly waving up at Aspen Grove.
Sunday
We went to Stake Conference with my parents. Caden especially enjoyed eating the gummy bears that Grandma brought with her. We had a family dinner with two of my sisters and their families that live there. It was so good to see them again! We also had my aunt and my grandma and her husband (she remarried after my grandpa passed away) over. It had been awhile since I had seen them and it was so fun. My grandma is truly a role model in my life! Caden had a great time with his 4 girl cousins that were there.
Sunday night, we went to see Russ' brother and his family that live out there. It was so fun to see them and Caden had a blast playing with his two cousins (and their toys).

Monday
Russ went to do interviews all day at BYU, so I seized the opportunity to go to Tai Pan (a home decor store) with my sisters and my mom. We had a great time and I got these adorable picture frames for our half bathroom (beach theme). Caden stayed with Grandpa to play Kinect Sports. We came back home and had lunch. We then packed up the car and said goodbye. I was able to meet up with Russ' sister that flew into town to help our sister-in-law. She is finishing up school with a baby, and her husband (who served his mission in Sendai) was in Japan helping the people there. It was awesome to see not only Russ' sister, but also three of her four girls and my sister-in-law's baby. I also had a brief 10 minutes to walk through the Carl Bloch exhibit on the BYU campus. I really wish I would have had more time to study each painting, but at least we went. It was awesome to feel the peace and serenity that was there. Caden said "Mom, that was the best part of the day".

Then, we met up with Russ and drove back home. It was great to reminisce on all the fun memories from when we went to school there and to see so much family.

No comments:

Post a Comment