Saturday, May 14, 2011

Families Supporting Adoption 5K!

We ran our first 5K together in the first annual Families Supporting Adoption 5k here in Denver! It turned out to be a cold day, but that didn't get us down. Russ pushed Caden in the jogging stroller and coached me up some hills. He can run way faster than me, but he was kind enough to run slow with me and give me more encouragement! We ran the whole way!

Since we woke up early to drive to the race, we had our usual "cereal in a cup" to eat in the car. On the rare days this does happen, Caden LOVES it! Here he was happy to be squished in the back seat with the boxes of shirts for the race....so excited! Caden was excited for weeks about the kid's run they were going to have. He got all ready in the "running stance" (as he learned it from Kinect Sports) and he BOOKED IT! He ran the whole half mile and was greeted with a big hug and a medal at the end. He was so excited that he kept telling everyone he saw the rest of the day that he won "2nd place". We were so proud of him!
Here is Caden right after he left the starting line! He was running so fast! I love Russ' encouraging words. He is a very proud dad!


I was handing out the medals to all the kids as they finished and Russ snapped this shot of me greeting Caden. We LOVE that boy!Our friends shared their adoption story and talked about how adoption has blessed their lives. It added a sweet touch to the race.
Russ (even though he ran slow with me) won 2nd place in his age group! He got the extra special treatment when I gave him his award. This was either right before or right after a kiss. :)
On the way home, we stopped at Bass Pro Shops. After just a few minutes, Russ' Dad called saying they were going to do some jumps, etc at the local dirt bike store. We quickly hopped back in the car to check it out. Caden loved sitting on the different dirt bikes and seeing the street bikes do their tricks. (Although he reassured me that he wasn't going to try anything that he was seeing....much to my relief!)

No comments:

Post a Comment