Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tender feelings!

We are LOVING having sweet Chase in our family. Caden almost always says this in his prayers: "We thank thee we have Chase, Mommy and Daddy in our family". He could not be more proud of his baby brother. He tells EVERYONE we pass in the store that we have a new baby. He is constantly checking on him, giving him a stuffed animal, making faces at Chase to get him to smile, etc. It is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. It makes my heart so happy and full of gratitude when I watch them together.

The other day when I was walking Caden to school and pushing Chase in the stroller, Caden said "I can't wait until we have another baby!" I was completely shocked (since Chase is just over a month) and asked him why. He said "I love babies". He is the best big brother EVER!!

Today, we took Chase to church for the first time. He looked so handsome in his white button up shirt and khakis! In choir practice, we were practicing "Silent Night". I barely got through the first lyrics before the power of those words hit me and made me want to cry. I was rocking Chase in the car seat with my foot and looking at him while I tried to sing:

Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon virgin, mother and child
Holy infant, so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace,
Sleep in heavenly peace.

These are some special days always to be cherished. We always give thanks in our prayers to two very special people that made it all possible. We just had them over on Friday night and we were playing the Kinect. After awhile, Caden said "I know. This is family game night!". It warmed my heart to think that yes, this was family game night because J and A are (and always will be) a part of our family now. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment