Monday, December 5, 2011

Media Monday: Beautiful Heartbreak

A friend of mine sent me a link to a youtube video of a new song by Hillary Weeks called "Beautiful Hearbreak". It brought me to tears and I loved how it applied to infertility and adoption. Apparently Birthmothers 4 adoption had the same thought, only applying it to placing a child for adoption. The lyrics to this song are amazing, and her story is even more moving.



Here are her words: Placing my birth daughter for adoption in 2008 was the hardest thing i have ever had to do. It was heartbreaking. But with this heartbreak I also felt love, peace, and comfort knowing I was doing the right thing for my baby girl. My life has changed because of her. To learn more of my story and read others like it go to birthmothers4adoption.blogspot.com

For more of her story about making this video, check out this post: http://birthmothers4adoption.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-beautiful-heartbreak.html

I am so grateful that she took the time to make this video to show just how much it hurts to place a baby for adoption, but that it turns out to be a blessing and that it takes them (and adoptive couples) to places they would never see if it weren't for this challenge. LOVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment