Saturday, August 14, 2010

5 years!


5 years ago, I was driving to the temple with the man of my dreams to be sealed. We sang "Families can be together forever" and I just didn't think I could ever love him more than I did at that moment. After 5 years of fun, exciting, sad and hard times I can say that I honestly love him more than I did the day that we were sealed. I love the song "Then" by Brad Paisley, because it shows how much love can grow in marriages over time: through the good times and the hard times.

When I met Russ My cousin was in his ward (our church congregation), and I was over at her place watching General Conference (our semi-annual worldwide church conference). He came over to visit and when she saw us in the same room, her match-making skills went to play. She set us up on a double date, and the rest is history. We went rock-climbing on our first date. It was the first time I had EVER done it, but it was so fun. We went out to dinner (speaking Spanish since three of the four of us served Spanish speaking missions), then to a hot tub and then to watch a BYU Football DVD. Russ slipped off into the corner to play the piano and my interest was peaked. I loved hearing him play the hymns and other songs. From that day, we spoke every day for hours and quickly fell in love. He was everything I had been looking for, and he motivates me to do more and to be better.

5 years later
We have been through so much together, and we have truly been "making memories of us". Russ has a great talent of being my rock and my peacemaker. In dealing with infertility, we have heard some pretty tough things and when I get emotional, stressed, worried, etc. I just have to talk to him. I am instantly calmed by his reassurance, his peace and his love. He can make me laugh all the time, which I love. He is very committed to everything he does and always supports me in all that I do. He is my #1 fan and even gets excited for the random crafts or cards that I make. He always tells me that he loves me and also shows it by helping me with things around the house. He is an amazing, loving, fun father and Caden loves him so much. He is very appreciative of the dinners that I make and the things I do at home as a stay-at-home mom. I really couldn't ask for more, and I am so happy that we have been married for 5 years. Here's to many more...and eternity!
This pic was taken on our 5 year anniversary.

2 comments: