Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Roxborough State Park

We heard on the news that on Monday there would be free admission to all state parks. We were excited and HAD to take advantage of the pretty day and the free admission. Caden and I went to Roxborough State Park because it was a recommended hike for families from REI. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! Caden hiked 2.2 miles on a hot day, going up some decent sized hills and LOVED it! I realized (yet again) that I live to be outside. That is what energizes me and also gives me peace and joy. We REALLY missed Russ who was working hard to provide for us, but we know for sure we are going to take him back there. Hopefully soon! :)

Here we are at the start of a beautiful hike....our attempt at a self-portrait.
Here is the happy hiker. He is such a great, happy, strong kid! He keeps saying thanks in his prayers for the fun time we had hiking and that "I hiked 2 miles!"
He is also a photographer in the making...here is one of his shots.
He loved looking for the numbered posts that had engravings on them of animals, plants, etc. It even helped him to run up some of the hills!
Today, Russ heard on the radio while he drove to work that there was a Broncos training camp this morning. He is such a loving, selfless, thoughtful husband that he called and told me about it so that I could take Caden. He wore his BYU jersey, but at least he did yell "Go Broncos Go!". He had a fun time and it was awesome to have the players so close. Definitely going back with Russ!

No comments:

Post a Comment