Thursday, September 23, 2010

I am a mother



This video really touches me. I have always wanted to be a mother and it is something that I honor and am proud of. I love the fact that I can be a stay-at-home mom and be there for all the big and small moments. I love taking my son to the park and seeing him learn how to do the monkey bars and going to the library and watching the joy on his face as he gets a new Cars book. Life really is about the little things: the little moments, the little giggles under a fort, the little grins on a child's face.

I am a story reader, a 'bonk' fixer, a tickle monster, a macaroni and cheese maker, a ball thrower, a coloring partner, a bubble blower, a pool splasher, and a board game playing mother. There really is nothing greater in the world! I am excited to be a mother again through the selfless acts and great love of a courageous woman when we adopt.

By the way, Jane Clayson Johnson has written an incredible book called "I am a mother". I LOVE it!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this...I loved it! I too have always wanted to be a mother and am so grateful I now am one; now I just hope I can be a great one!

    ReplyDelete