Thursday, April 7, 2011

April Fool's Day!

I am the most gullible person ever, so I am always taken for the fool on April Fool's Day. Ever since I was introduced to Family Fun magazine, I have a new love for this holiday.

This year, I rearranged the drawers in the dresser to trick Russ. It was so funny to watch his reaction in the morning hours!

I also made the milk in the cereal change colors. Caden loved watching his milk turn red. Last year, he didn't like that his milk was a different color. However, he LOVED it this year. He even put his hexbug (toy bug) in Russ' shoe, for him to find. It was cute watching him get so excited to trick Daddy this year.

I had an AWESOME trick that I wanted to do, but plans changed. So, that is on the back burner for now...until next year!

Russ got me with a trick that I was going to do to him. He put tape around the water sprayer in the kitchen sink, so that when I turned it on (to fill Caden's water bottle so we could all go to the park), I got drenched! It was so funny! It even got the wall behind me!

For dinner, I made "grilled cheese". I got the idea here but I changed it a bit. I made angel food cake (Russ's favorite cake) in a bread pan, and it looked just like bread. Then I used whipped cream that I tried to make orange to resemble cheese. I forgot to toast the bread, but it was still fun to watch them eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment