Sunday, August 28, 2011

Kindergarten Rocks!

A few weeks ago, our sweet little boy started kindergarten! We can't believe it! We always heard that they grew up fast, but now we really know! He was SO excited for his big day to go to school. I thought for sure I was going to bawl the whole way home (since I got teary eyed just thinking of it before). I remained strong for him all morning and then two of my friends, that have older children, reassured me everything would be ok and even talked me into going to a boo-hoo/woo-hoo party they held for the parents of kindergarten kids. It was a nice distraction. Luckily for us, Caden's two boy friends from church are in his class as well. He loves seeing them everyday, and I love the carpool to bring the boys home.

This pic was taken the morning that we went to drop off school supplies, etc (the day before the first normal day of school)We had to celebrate with a donut. Caden's donut had to have a million SPRINKLES!!
Here is our big 5 year old boy, ready (and excited) for his first normal day of kindergarten! I am pretending to be strong as he lines up to go into his first day of school.
When I came to pick up Caden, he came out of the door and came running until he reached my arms in a huge hug. It made my heart so happy! He is such a great joy to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment