Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Year, New goals

What do you do on New Year's Eve? Have a fondue party with all the fun family that was still in town! Russ's Mom and Dad put on this AMAZING fondue party...my first one ever. It was delicious! Russ's favorite part was the meat (of course). It was so tender! My favorite part was the chocolate! I think I ate half the bowl of rice krispy treats and a ton of strawberries, dipped in chocolate goodness.
After the fondue party, Russ and I left Caden sleeping in the care of Mom and Dad and we went to chaperone the youth new year's eve dance. We had a blast dancing (or chaperoning) with the youth from our ward (congregation) and with Russ's younger brothers that were there. What a blast!

Also, it is a time to think about goals for the next year. I am a planner. I LOVE planning. One of my goals is to run a 5k this year. I have never run a race and really want to build up to a lot more, but you got to start somewhere. Lucky for me, we had our yearly planning meeting with Families Supporting Adoption and we are going to put on a 5k race for adoption! It is perfect! So, stay tuned for pictures and stories of how our family does in our adoption race! They are even going to have a kid's race after the 5k, and Caden is already practicing for it now. So fun!

We are excited for the other adventures that 2011 has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment