Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kylee's Family Reunion, days 1 and 2

My family hadn't all been together for 3 years until this past July. I was SO excited to see all of my siblings and their kids, be with my parents and see Cannon Beach, Oregon again. When I was a kid, we used to go to Cannon Beach every summer.

We drove all the way from Denver to the Oregon coast, making for a normal 8 hour car trip to Utah and then a 14 hour drive to Oregon. My amazing sister, Erika, made travel bags for all of the grandkids and filled them with fun activities. Caden especially liked the pipe cleaners!
It was like heaven to drive through all the thick foliage in the North West. I kept telling Russ that it was "medicine for my soul". We were SO excited to see all the family and so excited to finally get there! My awesome Pops and my nieces/nephews all helped to unload our stuff, and my siblings made sure we had some great dinner to eat. Then, we relaxed, played games, talked and took pics of the amazing sunset! (we had this view from our room!!)
The next morning, we woke up and ate some delicious bran muffins that my sister made! I took another pic of the view of the beach from our rental house.
Then, we all got ready and headed to the beach to play in the sand, jump in the waves and see the beautiful Haystack Rock.
Around Haystack rock, there are a bunch of tide pools where you can see all sorts of starfish, anemones, muscles, crabs, etc. Caden got to touch the starfish, but wasn't brave enough to attempt the anemones yet.
I am not sure who was more excited to play in the water: me or Caden! Being there brought back so many memories that I couldn't wait to jump the waves, run from them, etc. I loved seeing how much Caden loved it too!
My family loves water fights, and Caden has definitely inherited that talent of starting a water fight any time there is water near. He told Grandpa to come over close to him, and then he tried to splash him, while Grandpa tickled him.
Shortly thereafter, he splashed Grandma! I love the shock on her face and the joy on Caden's face! Priceless.
After getting back to the house and cleaning off the sand, Grandma and Grandpa were quick to forget who got them wet! :)
Many more pics and adventures to come!

1 comment: