Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Kylee's Family Reunion, days 6 and 7

We woke up and went on hike through the lush forests to a beach in Oswald State Park. This was the most peaceful, heavenly part of the trip. I soaked up every minute of the beautiful greenery and I was happy to share it with Russ and Caden (and the rest of the fam)!!
There was a beautiful waterfall on the beach!
Caden finally was brave enough to touch the anemones.
Me and my Pops with Caden. My Pops is the most gentle, loving, patient father!
After the hike in Oswald State Park, we went to Hug Point to walk around the caves there and to walk to the other side of a huge rock (since it was low tide).
After that, Russ was kind enough to take Caden and I out to eat at Pizza 'A Fetta. He is the best husband ever! You have no idea how excited I was. Well, I guess the pic shows it.
Then, he even let me walk over to Bruce's Candy Kitchen one last time just to see if they were making taffy...and they were! At this point, I was already getting sad about leaving the next day.
We had to go back to the beach as a family and play in the waves and sand more. We had the traditional bonfire on the beach to roast smores and starburst.
There was a small freshwater creek leading to the ocean, so we went over there to throw rocks in the water. Then, the boys (old and young) and some girls started building a dam. It turned out really well!
After the kids were in bed, we had the traditional tie exchange. All the men bring ties to trade and then they take turns picking ties. It is a fun tradition.
The next morning, we packed up and drove back to Utah and then back to Colorado. We were so sad to leave because we had such a great time in a great place!

No comments:

Post a Comment