Thursday, June 30, 2011

Flowers!

I LOVE flowers growing in gardens, yards, etc. It looks so nice! Tulips are probably my favorite, because after a cold winter, they start to poke through the ground and remind me that Spring is coming soon. They are LOVELY! I, however, have a hard time growing them in my yard! I need to work on that! I have dreams of having lovely flowers in front of my house, in my backyard, etc. I looked around at all the flowers and tried to notice which ones bloom all Summer, seem to last well, etc. Last year I bought this bag of lily bulbs and planted them in front of the aspen in the back yard...then I hoped for the best! They actually grew fairly well and I had maybe 1-2 flowers last year. I was so excited!

I was even more excited when this year I have had a lot more flowers!! Our first one bloomed the day that we went to the Rockies game. Caden and I ran out to take pics of it! Since then, we have had at least 5 other flowers bloom. Caden knows how much I love them and will get just as excited as I do! When he is playing outside, he will water our flowers with his squirt bottle. What a sweetheart! Maybe next year I will branch out and find another flower to add to our collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment