Thursday, June 16, 2011

Russ turns 29!!

My sweet husband turned 29! He is just 16 days older than me, so I always tease him that he is so much older! Caden has picked up on this and when Russ got an eye infection a few days ago, he said "maybe it is because Daddy is so old". I laughed so hard!

Caden and I made cards for him and decorated the house.
We opened his presents and yes, I made him wear the funny hat! :) He got a dutch oven to cook with when we go camping. We have wanted one for a long time and finally got it!

*That morning, Caden and I went to a garage sale and found the Cars life jacket. He was SO excited to wear it swimming that he wore it around the house for about an hour.
We went swimming as a family in our neighborhood pool. It is a tradition from both of our sides that when it is your birthday, you get to choose your favorite meal for dinner and you don't have to do any work. So, I made him a dinner of chicken broccoli crepes and raspberry jell-o (both are his favorites). Then, we went to the driving range to play some golf!
Caden played with his plastic clubs that are all falling apart, but he had a blast!Golf is not my talent, but I can do a decent job at mini golf! :) I totally wiffed it a few times and laughed so hard! Then, I resorted back to taking pictures!
We also went to Krispy Kreme to get a free donut before heading home for angel food cake with raspberries and whipped cream. Happy birthday, Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment